Lemonade Stand- Attitude of Gratitude
Gratitude: the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful
There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.
– Ralph H. Blum
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
– James M. Barrie
A man has to live with himself, and he should see to it
that he always has good company.
– Charles Evans Hughes
Happiness depends, as Nature shows,
Less on exterior things than most suppose.
– William Cowper
I’ve learned the great value of the three F’s:
forgive, forget and forge ahead. -Unknown Author
Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues,
but the parent of all the others.
Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not
to be picked in strangers’ gardens.
– Douglas Jerrold
The best way to cheer yourself up
Is to cheer someone else up.
– Mark Twain
The desert shall rejoice and blossom;
like the crocus it shall blossom abundantly,
and rejoice with joy and singing.
– Isaiah 35: 1-2
Blessings and thanks to Kathryn at www.kateekat.blogspot.com who nominated me for the Attitude of Gratitude Lemonade stand award. I am honored and humbled to be extended this grace. I don’t always feel like I extend enough gratitude of my own. Though I feel grateful I’m not as good at showing gratitude. By the grace of God I will learn that virtue and be able to be generous on every occasion extending grace and mercy to others always. Here are a few bloggers who deserve this honor (in alphabetical order) though I know some have already received it.
The official rules which I didn’t follow: HA!
- put the logo on your blog or post
- nominate at least 10 blogs that show an an attitude of gratitude
- link to your nominees within your post
- comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve received this award
- share the love & link to this post & the person who nominated you for the award
- tell us how you’ve come to have an attitude of gratitude
1. Christina at ChristinaGPhotography – My friend in real life who is an incredible photographer and a beautiful person. She is an awesome wife and mommy and has just ventured into homeschooling her 1st grader. Her blog is absolutely breathtaking with pictures upon pictures upon pictures! I just love perusing, soaking up her creativity…please, please rub off on me. 🙂
2. Fab Grandma – A fun and sassy grandma blogging about her life in a travel trailer with beautiful pictures of her adventures and gluten free recipes to go along with her fun and unique life.
3. Brian at Fire and Salt – Firefighter, gluten”freer” who cooks for his wife and young daughter. He has wonderful pictures to go along with his recipes and stories about raising a child that I can totally relate to. I have enjoyed getting to know him as well as trying some of his wonderful recipes.
4. The Heavenly Homemaker – This blog is beautifully written, chock full of frugal recipes, creative homemaker tips as well as garden tutorials that anyone can master. She also blogs about crafting and homeschooling her four boys. Another blogger I can totally relate to.
5. Karen at Only Sometimes Clever – Clever, I’d say yes! Intuitive and clever for sure, Karen makes me laugh, cry and strive to be a better wife and mother. I enjoy her candid stories about family and her unabashed posts about faith and love. She blogs about the tid-bits of life, homeschooling, allergy free cooking, reading, politics, faith, nature…in no particular order. Always a pleasure to read.
6. Pig in the Kitchen– This allergy free blog is brilliant and beautiful. The “Pig” is an anti-blogger like myself 🙂 She is a busy mom who was surprised (like myself) to find the network of blogging to be somewhat alluring but does not wish to be married to it or otherwise expected to perform within a certain set of unseen rules. She had taken a bloggy vacation but appears to be back and besides her desire to be untethered she is the most consistently funny, and brilliantly creative allergy free food blog I’ve found. Not to mention, the first blog I found and read regularly. Please visit her and wish her “welcome back” to un-blogging!
Another couple of bloggers who deserve this award have already received it but I have tagged them below.
7. Lynda the Gluten Free Homemaker
8. Wendy at Celiacs in the House