Posts tagged ‘kids who eat veggies’
Today I had lunch with the man of my dreams.
I sat side by side with a man who absolutely sets my heart aflutter.
Let me see if I can begin to do him justice.
He is stocky yet athletic and tends to dress a bit grunge. Remember that? He has the most incredibly blue eyes you have ever seen. Looking into them is a dream, I can hardly keep myself contained when I peer into those glassy blues with such innocence and love. Not to mention he has flawless skin with a smattering of freckles across his cheeks that only serve to add to his sunny countenance.
The two of us have a bit of a language barrier. I have to listen hard to understand what he wants to portray to me but words do not have to pass between us for kindred hearts to speak. He is an open book and a man after God’s own heart. The humblest of the humble, a true member of the kingdom of Christ.
We ate the simplest of meals but my joy has rarely been so complete. He requested pb&j and couldn’t be persuaded otherwise. I ate the same and watched in wonder as he licked his fingers, finishing every morsel. No meal with this man would be complete without a glass of juice and a swipe of the hands down the front of his recently clean-ish shirt.
Who is it?
Certainly not the ONLY man of my dreams.
None other than…
My man, aka Bubba.
No his eyes aren’t quite that blue but I had fun editing since I rarely have time for such extravagance!
There is not pitter patter in this house it’s more like “Boom, Crash, Slam!”
Then the next thing I know it’s, “Do-do-do-doo-do-d-d-d-dooo,” the talented Thing 2 playing the kazoo version of “March of the Empire”!
I love it though, the kids are so creative!
Last night’s dinner was a hit and not because of my extreme talent. Thing 1 polished off his stir-fry saying “I loved it, I loved it ALL!”
Would you believe me if I told you the stir-fry contained mushrooms, green peppers and bean sprouts? Here is my secret.
Thing 1 sliced mushrooms using this wire egg slicer, Thing 2 stirred and The Bubba who never needs coaxing when it comes to eating especially if his brothers are there, supervised!
It was a hit mostly because I let the Thinglets help and they couldn’t resist trying what they had “made”!
Stir-Fry Kid Style Un-Recipe: GF
What you’ll need- meat, cooked rice, various veggies, liquid and seasoning (We used olive oil, Tamari Wheat Free Soy Sauce, garlic and sugar water). We in this case means my hubby, as I was the slice and dice supervisor!
- partially thaw frozen chicken (we were in a hurry) and slice into thin strips while heating an electric skillet (or frying pan) with a little olive oil
- cook chicken in olive oil over med heat until no longer frozen then add garlic and a little more oil and increase heat to 400 degrees
- add vegetables that need extra time like bell pepper and onion (if you must-ha ha)
- continue to fry and stir so nothing burns
- add Tamari soy sauce, sugar water (and no, I’m not a Bug)
- add the remaining veggies and cooked rice (yesterday’s left overs). For a little zip add a small amount of crushed red pepper or red pepper oil after you dish some for the kids 🙂
- Stir fry until heated through and the vegetables are cooked how you like them. I like mine pretty limp, Not recommended at culinary schools across the nation, if it were I’d probably be on TV and not writing a blog about how to cook Goof style!
Previously Featured at:
This has been another recipe for the “What’s for Dinner Wednesday Blog Carnival” Hosted by the Gluten Free Homemaker. Thanks for stopping and check out more great ideas here.
Currently Featured at:
The Whole Gang’s Friday Foodie Fix. Click Foodie Crossing to enter!