Posts tagged ‘music’
I hope you are having a wonderful August! The fair just closed, which to me, always feels like the official close of summer. I know I said no posts this month but I’m avoiding housework. 🙂
I’d like to work through the 12 week art course with other moms. Would you like to order the book and blog your progress too? I can tell you in advance, I won’t be accomplishing it in 12 weeks. It will be more of a here and there process. But the “homework” is manageable even if you want to keep to the schedule. Order yours and look it over. I want to start in September sometime.
Here is what I’ve been up to in random order…
- The hogs are filling out. We just went to the farmer to get another 900lbs of grain that should finish them off by Thanksgiving.
I still have a very sad garden. 😦 The only things I’ve been able to harvest are red potatoes and a few golf ball sized onions. The carrots are ready. It seems only below ground vegetables worked this year. I am holding out hope for some tomatoes, garlic and my squash plants have little baby zucchini, summer squash and pie pumpkins on them so keep growing!
- Baby is growing. I guess I’m making skin right now! Yesterday I got my first dizzy spell. That’s never happened before, that I can remember. It’s funny how mushy my brain is too. I went to my first appointment at 12wks. I knew all the pertinent dates, even conception but I still had myself all messed up. My midwife did the calculations and she said, “Jess you are 16wks not 12, we need to draw blood today.” I’m a month further along than I originally thought. Must be another girl. 🙂 Too funny!
- On birthing… I was talking to a friend of ours who is an anesthesiologist and telling him my birth stories, including the one time I got an epidural. I told him that I’ve decided (through personal experience, assisting a mother in her hospital birth and extensive research) that birthing naturally is a matter of education and being confident in what God made our bodies to do. I love this quote on Dayspring’s website, “Childbirth should be viewed as a natural undertaking in life, not a medical crisis…” Here is what my friend, whose career is largely dependant on epidurals said, “If more mothers educated themselves I’d be out of a job.”
- As we “speak” I’m rocking out with our favorite net radio station www.christianrock.net
- Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Call it nesting or fall cleaning but I’m on a rampage to get my basement cleared out so we can finish the drywall and floors. I’m hoping to acid wash the concrete and get the majority of the unfinished space usable by the time baby comes. Has anyone ever done the acid wash? NO I’m not doing it but I can coach my hubby on how to do it rather than having to hire it out. Seriously, how hard can it be? As long as you don ‘t melt your shoes right? :-]
- Requests I’ve had for future blog posts… my testimony, baby bump pictures and my favorite gluten free pizza crust recipe. Any other requests? I’m not guaranteeing anything! 😉
I just notice I’ve had double the “comments” via spam than I have from real caring people! Ha what a bummer. I do SO appreciate and enjoy your real, honest and even challenging comments! Thanks for getting me hooked on blogging.
This is for those of you who are real living breathing people! My wall of promise…
This is the wall in my living room/kitchen, a song and verse to remind me of God’s love. The Bible says to write God’s word on the doorpost of our homes and hide it in hearts.
Song for the day:
“Your love oh Lord, reaches to the Heavens, your faithfulness stretches to the sky! Your righteousness is like a mighty mountain, your justice flows like the oceans tide. I will lift my voice to worship you my King. I will find my strength in the shadow of your wing.”
Adapted from Psalm 36:5-6 by one of my all time favorite bands!
In order to do this in your own homes you do not need to be an artist or great with a paint brush, I promise!
I repeat, no paint! It is not permanent so go hog wild!
All it is is contact paper and a die cut stencil. Woo hoo! Leave me your favorite verse and if you make your own wall of promise link back here so I can see your pictures.
Have a Christ filled day!
Ah, there is music in the house! When there is music we are all refreshed. There is a neighbor over who plays guitar and it is so good to have live music!
The Bubba told me the other day “I wuv mooseec!”