Posts tagged ‘meme’
It seems so soon, but this is my 100th post! Who knew I would get hooked on the blogging business! 🙂 I thought in celebration of my “100 post birthday” I would attempt to think of 100 tidbits about me.
100 random things about me!
- I’ve been to Japan twice
- I’m terrified of bees
- I like zz-top
- I play flute (haha)
- I wanted to play trombone but the teacher said my arms were too short.
- I always wanted to have 4boys
- God gave us 3boys and 1 girl
- My little girls real name is Davie. Matt and I picked her name while we were dating NOT after our 3 boys. She has the same initials as my best friend and mom which is a promise I made to my best friend in the 6th grade.
- I love antiques
- I used to say I would live CA over my dead body
- Thankfully I’m alive after living in CA 4yrs
- I learned to drive a horse and buggy in Chino CA
- I designed and physically hand drew the plans to the house we now live in.
- I like sunflowers and stinky daisies (weeds really)
- My husband and I met when I was on vacation- we lived 1700 mi apart.
- My husband and I courted online (yikes!)
- My first car was a “horse”- my grandpa’s Ford Pinto
- My third car was also a “horse” a Ford Mustang (I still have it)
- On that subject my Mustang “introduced” my husband and I. More on that later.
- I have lived in Alberta Canada
- I like to collect rocks
- I speak some Japanese
- I understand some Spanish (my husband speaks Spanish)
- I’m most happy when I’m busy
- My love language is quality time
- I am terrible at bowling
- I hate pink
- In highschool my nickname was “Nick” (don’t ask)
- In highschool I played basketball (pretty funny for being only 4’11”)
- I can play about 10 chords on the guitar (slowly)!
- I play a little piano
- I like to write songs on occasion
- I was assistant band director for 1yr
- I can’t play violin
- I taught violin class
- I’ve never been a bridesmaid only a “matron”
- I was in a wedding in Tokyo Japan
- We fit all our possessions and two vehicles in the moving semi when we left CA
- My sis lived with us when she was 16, I only had one child of my own then.
- I did Pampered Chef before going gluten free
- My favorite item of clothing is jeans
- I have had 4 home businesses since I’ve been married and made about $4! Hehe
- I had my first son in a hospital, assisted
- I had my middle two sons in birthing centers with midwives, unassisted
- I had my daughter at home
- I was homeschooled when I was a kid
- I attended public school when I was a kid
- I attended private school when I was a kid
- I only moved once as a kid (you do the math, haha)
- I went to school to be a teacher
- I went to school for music
- I homeschool my kids
- My kids attend public school (ask me if you care)
- My husband teaches public school
- As a kid I couldn’t wait to move away from “small town America”
- As a grown kid I couldn’t wait to get back to “small town America”
- I like trucks
- I think buying a dog is dumb
- I have a purebred illegitimate Coonhound
- I’ve had pet rats- two “boys” we were told -they had babies!
- I’ve had guinea pigs
- I’ve had pet snakes
- I’ve had a pet parakeet
- I’ve had a pet tarantula (really my brothers) he escaped into the wall of our house, my dad had to remove the trim and wait for him to come out.
- I’ve had a pet hedgehog (really my sisters)
- Right now I have 18 pets
- I sponsor a child in Guatemala
- I worked at McDonald’s (4 different stores)
- I like to run
- I hate to ride bikes (my boys love it!)
- I like motorcycles
- I am the only one in my family with a motorcycle endorsement.
- I am the only one in my family NOT to own a motorcycle of my own.
- My favorite school subject is English
- My least fav subject was History (my Hubby’s fav- History)
- If I hate a food it is probably the texture
- I can’t help but touch different fabrics and textures when I’m shopping.
- I don’t really like to shop much
- I love yard saleing
- I was going to be a vet when I grew up
- I don’t consider myself grown up- I’m 30
- My favorite color is green
- My real name is Jessie – not Jessica
- I’m named after Jessie Colter– though my dad recently discovered that her name appears to be spelled Jessi
- I’ve been a lifeguard
- I love backpacking/ camping in the boon-docks!
- I lived 11mo in a camping trailer with two/three kids
- I lived one winter with no running water.
- I lived through one winter with no working potty, pregnant!
- My favorite time of the year is Autumn
- I tried learning how to shoe my own horses (I can only do it when the ground is soft otherwise the hooves are too tough!)
- I have had stitches in my head
- I could get lost in a round room
- I love to ride in the mountains alone – yeah that’s smart eh?
- I used to compete and jump horses
- I grew up in the city
- I don’t have any carpet in my house
- My favorite wedding gift (besides my wonderful husband) was Fiestaware- thanks Grandma
- I don’t jump on bandwagons- that’s why I “don’t blog”
- Most importantly I am saved by grace through faith!
Karen at Only Sometimes Clever made up this meme quite some time ago but I’ve been thinking about it ever since and just needed a little time before I was “hooked” enough to have an arsenal of blogs to tag! So, now that I’m fully engulfed, here goes.
Rules Schmules: (that’s my two cents!)
There are no official rules, but if you choose to do this meme, please link back to me out of kindness (and so I can read your response)! Oh, and try not to name the same blog twice.
Three Blogs I Read Every Day Without Fail:
None, but here are the three I read nearly every time I’m online. This feels like confessions! Ha!
Three Blogs That Have Been on my Blogroll the Longest (to the Best of my Faulty Memory):
Three Blogs on my Blogreader or RSS Feed That Aren’t (Yet) on my Blogroll:
The Three Newest Blogs Added to My Blogroll and/or Blogreader:
Three Bloggers Who I Wish Wrote More Often:
- Oh I don’t know
- I’m not one to talk but in reading other blogs
- I don’t like it when I can’t keep up! Dumb, I know
If You’re Interested in ________ , You Should Read These Three Blogs:
- Living with Alzheimers – Bob’s Blog (Bob is an X-CIA who retired after learning he had early onset Alzheimer’s, he and his wife write about their journey. I began reading his blog after my dad was diagnosed this past Dec.)
- Coping with the loss of an unborn child – Moms 4 Life Blog (have tissue handy, Heather candidly takes you through the journey of trusting God after the loss of her unborn son Sawyer)
- Homeschooling – Sonlight Blog (A homeschooling blog written by a father. No I don’t entirely use Sonlight since in my state we have a “charter” option for homschooling that I participate in but I do use much of the same curriculum that Sonlight recommends/sells)
If I’ve included you here, consider yourself tagged.